Saskatchewan Immigration Points Calculator
Saskatchewan is a beautiful province in central Canada, and Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) allows you to have Saskatchewan's permanent residency.
Four major immigration categories under the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program are:
- International Skilled Worker Category This category facilitates the migration of foreign workers to Saskatchewan. Applicants must have language proficiency, education, prior work experience in an in-demand occupation, or other relevant abilities.
- Saskatchewan Work Experience CategoryThis category is for applicants with work experience or an eligible job offer in Saskatchewan. Such foreign workers can apply for a provincial nomination.
- Entrepreneur Category Under this category, applicants can run or invest in a business in Saskatchewan. You are scored based on your business acumen/experience, business plan, and many more factors. Once your application is approved, you will get a temporary work permit of 2 years. And after this, you can easily apply for permanent residency (provided you can successfully meet all the conditions mentioned in your Business Performance Agreement).
- Farm Owner and Operator CategoryFarmers who are experienced and possess sufficient capital are eligible to make use of this SINP category to operate a farm in Saskatchewan. This category aims to encourage young farm families to take up farming activities in rural areas.
What are the major factors considered for SINP Points Calculator?
The points under SINP are awarded based on the below-listed factors:
- Education & Training
- Labour Market Success (Maximum 80 points)
- Language Proficiency
- Work Experience
- Connection to Saskatchewan Labour Market & Adaptability (Maximum 30 points)
Understand the allocation of points in the SINP Points Calculator
Points allocation is listed-below:
|Education & training
|Connection to Saskatchewan labour market
Education and Training
|Master's or Doctorate Degree||23|
|University Bachelor's Degree (Minimum 3-year program)||20|
|Degree, diploma, or certificate (Minimum 2 year program)||15|
|Degree, diploma, or certificate (Minimum 1 year program)||12|
Skilled Work Experience
In 5 years prior to Application Submission
|Duration (In years)
In 6-10 years prior to Application Submission
|Duration (In years)
|Less than 1 year||0|
|8 and higher||20|
|Age (In years)
|Less than 18||0|
|More than 50||0|
All the above-mentioned give a total of 80 points under SINP calculator 2022.
The remaining 30 points for immigrants who are having a strong connection to the Saskatchewan labor market, which shows a genuine intent and ability to successfully settle and economically establish in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident.
|Connection to Saskatchewan Labor Market
|Highly skilled employment offer from a Saskatchewan employer||30|
|Close family relative in Saskatchewan||20|
|Past work experience in Saskatchewan (at least 12 months of work in the past five years on a valid work permit)||5|
|Past student experience in Saskatchewan (at least one-year full-time academic year of study at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution on a valid study permit)||5|
Know the minimum SINP requirements for skilled workers?
Under the SINP's Express Entry category, listed below are the minimum requirements that an applicant is supposed to meet:
- You must score 60 points out of 110 in the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) points calculator.
- You are required to create your profile in the Express Entry pool, and you should have a job seeker validation code of Canada Skilled Immigration.
- You must take an IELTS examination to prove your proficiency in English.
- You must complete a minimum of one year of post-secondary training/education with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
- You need to have a minimum work experience in a job listed under NOC skill level 0, A, or B. Also, that job is supposed to be in demand in the province.
- You must have ample funds and a plan to settle in Saskatchewan.